Sleep Studies Compliment Hospital Services
Given that sleep disorders (snoring and sleep apnea, narcolepsy, insomnia, parasomnias) affect many aspects of a person’s health, sleep studies are able to identify and possibly prompt further medical testing of a patient’s condition. Cardiovascular disease, diabetic and urologic problems, psychological and gastrointestinal disorders can all be attributed, in some cases, to sleep disorders. With over 40 million people in the United States suffering from some sort of sleep disorder, the possibility of uncovering more medical ailments is significant.
America’s Sleep Network Sleep Services Include:
- Administrative/Management Services
- Technical Services
- Clinical Services
These services apply to the day-to-day operations, business direction and clinical services for your sleep program.
1. Assist in setting up billing protocols and proper coding to maximize your reimbursements.
2. Assist in development and implementation of a business plan.
3. Patient scheduling through a toll-free (888) SLEEP-77 phone number for all patient inquiries.
4. Transcription and report mailing.
5. Development of cost-effective disease management pathways using economic models, compliance and outcome performance reviews from the established database.
6. Data collection, data entry and storage.
7. Prepare monthly reports regarding Quality Assurance and demographic information for market analysis.
8. Assist in developing marketing and public relations agenda.
9. Assist in preparing marketing pieces for each of the following:
- Displays for physician offices including easy-to-use prescription forms for the sleep lab.
- Physicians mailing and/or Community relations and advertisements.
10. Direct semi-annual meetings with your hospital personnel, presenting statistics for quality assurance utilization and financial reviews, as well as marketing and business development.
Your hospital will benefit from ASN’s complete spectrum of technical services required for performing patient studies. Including patient testing, scoring sleep studies and communicating pertinent information to the physicians providing interpretations.
1. Assist in setting up the sleep lab.
2. Patient education/preparation.
3. Perform sleep studies, including provision of all technical personnel.
4. Perform technical scoring.
These services will be provided by regional physicians who will establish a referral relationship with your hospital and demonstrate experience or an interest in sleep medicine.
1. Billing for professional clinical services to be performed by private practice group performing the services.
2. Physicians will bill independently for the professional component of their sleep study interpretations. If no regional staff physicians are trained in sleep medicine, ASN, Inc. can provide interpretations through its numerous subcontracted relationships with Board Certified Sleep physicians.
ASN, Inc. has established itself as one of the nation’s leaders in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders. It is our commitment to quality, cost-effective, patient-focused outcomes that has positioned us as a resource to be trusted. Together, we can develop a Center for Excellence at your facility.
Key features include:
Increase revenue without the need for capital expenditures
- ASN, Inc. provides all equipment necessary to set up a state-of-the-art sleep laboratory.
No human resource hassles or overhead
- ASN, Inc. provides all necessary staffing including sleep technicians and administrative/clerical staff.
No scheduling responsibilities
- Prevent costs of low patient volumes and patient inconveniences with prolonged appointment times.
- ASN, Inc. handles all patient scheduling
- Numerous Sleep technicians to balance scheduling needs.
Enhance patient satisfaction
- ASN, Inc. provides 24-hour availability for patient questions or issues.
Space is not an issue
- ASN, Inc. equipment is completely portable and can be stored while not in use, allowing you to maximize your hospital rooms.
Maximize immediate profits potential
- ASN, Inc. provides a fee-for-service program. You only pay for studies performed.
- There is no minimum cost or penalties.
- There is no charge for cancellations.
More hospitals nationwide are discovering the benefits of incorporating a comprehensive sleep lab into their roster of patient services. America’s Sleep Network (ASN, Inc.) is playing a key role in providing sleep diagnostic and therapeutic services, with minor risk and investment to the hospital implementing them. ASN, Inc. is responding to the fact that sleep disorders create a need and an opportunity for healthcare providers to not only meet patient demands, but to feed other services within the hospital setting. ASN, Inc. provides state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic services with a ‘turn-key’ approach, meaning that all equipment, staffing, technical and clinical services, reporting and protocols are provided. The only items the participating hospital is responsible for are space, bedroom, furnishings and billing support.
For more information on partnering with ASN please call 888-SLEEP-77.